New Hampshire Roller Derby welcomes all members of the press and photographers to attend our events—home and away. Please fill out this quick form to request a media pass.
To schedule an interview or discuss potential stories, please email our Marketing Committee.
NHRD sends—by email, snail mail, and hand delivery—press releases to local print, radio, and television outlets. If you have not received press releases from NHRD and would like us to keep you in the loop, please email the Marketing Committee to be added to our notification list.
Modified from the WFTDA Media Credential Guidelines
NH Roller Derby (NHRD) may issue media passes (Passes) to qualified photographers, videographers, and members of the media (Media Personnel) to cover one or more NHRD-sponsored event (Events). NHRD welcomes Media Personnel at all public Events, but with limited available space, the number of Passes issued will be at the discretion of NHRD.
For each Event, NHRD will, at its sole discretion, select the Media Personnel it believes are best positioned to provide coverage of the Event. This media agreement has been established to provide you with an understanding of the rights and restrictions associated with an NHRD media pass.
NHRD requests that Media Personnel wishing to attend a game fill out a short formso that we can contact you regarding the availability of Passes. NHRD reserves the right to revoke Passes and event admission if league policies or safety guidelines are violated by Media Personnel.
Media Pass Usage
If you have been issued a Pass, you will have access to any areas where media access is provided. A Pass does not provide unrestricted access to all facility areas.
Even if you have been issued a Pass, you are not guaranteed “comped” admission to the Event. “Comped” admission is at the discretion of NHRD and/or the Event host. You will be notified of comped admission, if applicable, at the time your Pass approval email is sent.
You must wear your Pass at all times during the Event, and you will be subject to the direction and/or supervision of NHRD and its designated representatives. Passes are not transferable; you may not give or loan your Pass to another person for any reason. Any misuse of the Pass will result in the immediate loss of the Pass, removal from the event, and the loss of media privileges for future NHRD events.
Please note that NHRD may restrict the use of any equipment at its sole discretion.
Officials and security are in charge. Referees, NSOs, and the volunteer security detail are charged with keeping the event safe for everyone to enjoy. Failure to follow safety guidelines, to include abiding by the verbal requests by an official or security volunteer, results in revoked Passes.
Roller derby is a full contact, aggressive sport. For your safety, you must remain away from unsafe safe zones at all times. Media Personnel are informed of unsafe areas upon event check-in.
Off-Limits and Commonly Unsafe Areas:
- Within 10 feet of the track. Media Personnel cannot be within 10 feet of the track during team warm-ups or during a game. The exceptions to this rule are two small areas (one photographer each) inside the track infield; other rules apply to these areas, which are explained upon event check-in.
- Track infield. The track infield is crowded and can be very dangerous. NHRD allows Media Personnel to take photos or shoot video from the designated areas inside the track infield. We cannot protect you or your equipment from referees and competitors within that space. You assume all of the risk.
- Team Benches. Competitors and coaches quickly move in and out of the bench area throughout the game, making this area dangerous. Media Personnel may stand behind the benches if there is enough space and doing so does not impede movement of the teams. Officials, team coaches, and team captains may require that Media Personnel leave that area for safety or concern that standing there may impede team movement.
- Locker Rooms. No Media Personnel are allowed inside or immediately adjacent to either team’s locker room without explicit consent and an escort by a coach or captain of that team.
Please be respectful of the game schedule when requesting an interview and remember that anyone may decline the interview request. Repeated requests or hassling of an individual for an interview will result in forfeiture of your Pass.
Please do not attempt to interview competitors, coaches, or officials 30 minutes or less before the game or after the game has started. You may resume interviews with competitors, coaches, and officials after the game has ended.
Proprietary Rights and Restrictions
You may not use, distribute, exhibit, reproduce, adapt, display, or publish any audio or visual accounts of the Event(s), other than in the manner described below. Nothing in this agreement authorizes or allows you to violate any trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights of the leagues, the teams, and/or the competitors and officials.
Event Photos and Video
Media Personnel can take and use Event photographs for commercial purposes with a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license. Use may not imply endorsement or sponsorship relationship between a third-party and the leagues, teams, and/or competitors, officials, staff, or volunteers.
- The photos you take at an Event are your property. NHRD claims no right to use those photographs without your prior consent. NHRD has a right to view the photos taken at an Event and may request a license agreement with you for use of one or more photos. Terms of the usage agreement are at the discretion of the photographer and/or media organization.
- You understand that any commercial sale of images from the Event will require model releases from any identifiable person in the image. You are responsible for obtaining the proper releases.
- You agree not to post game or Skater photographs that are not in the spirit of NHRD’s values. This includes, but is not limited to, posting game images to websites that rely heavily on nudity, sexual content, violence, obscenity, and/or websites that advocate illegal behavior or discrimination based on race, gender, and/or sexual orientation.
- You will make every effort to avoid obstructing the view or impacting the safety of any fan, Skater, Official, or other attendees of the Event.
- You understand that Media Personnel do not possess access to all areas of the Event.
- You acknowledge that track floor shooting positions are not assigned nor guaranteed. An NHRD liaison will provide you with restrictions specific to the Event and venue. If you are allowed to shoot from designated photo boxes on the track, you may only move from these areas when there is no activity on the track, such as at halftime and during timeouts. The ability to shoot on the track is completely at the discretion of NHRD and game officials.
Assumption of Risk and Release
You assume all risk and danger incidental to the sport of roller derby, as well as any risk or danger reasonably foreseeable while on the grounds of the venue, and you release NHRD, its employees, members, directors, officers, host site, sponsors, participants, and all agents thereof from any and all liabilities resulting from injuries or personal property loss occurring before, during or after actual play, or while otherwise at the Event venue or any associated NHRD events.
Use of Image/Likeness
In the event that your name or likeness is included in any broadcast, telecast, photograph, film, video, or other media took in connection with the Event, you grant NHRD a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual right, and royalty-free license to use (and to sub-license the use of) your name and likeness in any media worldwide, whether now known or hereafter devised.
You jointly and severally indemnify, defend, and hold NHRD (and its officers, directors, and representatives) harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of suit/arbitration) arising out of or in connection with any act or omission by you, including, without limitation, your breach of any term of this agreement.
With respect to any claim that might give rise to your liability as an indemnitor, NHRD will (a) have the right to fully participate in the litigation of such claim with counsel selected by you or your media organization, and approved by NHRD, at no expense to NHRD; and (b) not be obligated, without its consent, to participate in any settlement of such claim.
You must agree to these terms upon submission of your request for a Pass to NHRD Events. Submission of your request and/or acceptance constitutes your agreement to abide by the terms and conditions contained herein. Failure to abide by the terms and conditions will result in loss of your Pass for the Event and future NHRD events.