Derby girls come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. Fishnets, tattoos and piercings are not required — some of us have them, some of us don’t. Some of the girls on the roster are lifelong athletes, others have never tried a sport outside of gym class.
- You must be female
- You must be 18 or older to participate
- You must have health insurance and WFTDA insurance ($75 a year)
- You must sign a waiver that says when you get hurt you won’t sue us into oblivion
- You must be able to attend at least 75% of our events. Our competitive home and travel teams practice 2-3 days a week.
- You will need quad skates, a helmet, mouth guard, knee and elbow pads, and wrist guards. We can help you choose the right gear for derby*
You don’t have to be a great skater — we can teach you the skills you need. We’re looking for women who are determined and willing to push themselves. We charge monthly dues to cover the cost of practice space, $45/month.
Think you’ve got the right attitude?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information!
We’re always happy to welcome new faces to our league! If you are moving to the area, or just looking for something new, we’re here for you. Please contact Recruitment at email@example.com to find out more about transferring to NHRD from another league.
Still have questions?
Email Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Discount starter packages are available from many area skate shops!